To begin with, Granddaddy Purple (GDP) is an indica strain that originates from Purple Sparkle and Grape Ape. GDP has the scent and flavor of grape. What makes this strain stand out most are the mellow and smooth effects to alleviate a broad range of ailments.
Recommended for Medical Marijuana patients with anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Alzheimer’s, migraines, headaches, nausea, depression, Parkinson’s Disease and chronic pain.
However, Its potent effects are clearly detectable in both mind and body, delivering a fusion of cerebral euphoria and physical relaxation. While your thoughts may float in a dreamy buzz, your body is more likely to find itself fixed in one spot for the duration of GDP’s effects.
Like most heavy indica varieties, Granddaddy Purple is typically pulled off the shelf for consumers looking to combat pain, stress, insomnia, appetite loss, and muscle spasms. GDP blesses growers with massive commercial yields which are ready for harvest following a 60 day flowering time indoors.
TYPE Grandaddy purple: Indica
THC of Grandaddy purple: Up to 21% usually around 19%
Genetics: Cross Between Purple Urkle and Big Bud
APPEARANCE: Granddaddy Purple as its name indicates is a beautiful purple hue. Glistening with trichomes Granddaddy Purple is rivaled by few in appearance. It has light and dark green buds intertwined with purple awesomeness inside and out. Granddaddy Purple is sticky and extremely resinous.
- SMELL: Granddaddy Purple has a very sweet smell that translates into a marvelous sweet grape taste. It has a slightly piney smell with sandalwood undertones.
- BEST FOR TREATING: Insomnia, Anxiety, Pain Relief, Appetite, Depression and Migraines
- CREATED FEELINGS: Creates a very euphoric buzz that is quite relaxing. The initial hit sends a nice wave of relief down the neck and spine.
- Also, The taste is wonderful and up lifting. This is definitely a strain you will “trip out” on. Like most Indica’s, as time passes by fatigue and couch lock begins to set in.
- DURATION: Great high for 2 hours